The online Master of Business Administration at UAB is designed with an emphasis on leadership, strategic insight, and organizational change that can empower you to be a key decision-maker in a variety of career fields. As the business world changes, business education must follow suit and adapt to various trends, including behavioral management, blockchain, data analytics, and consumer psychology. Through this evolutionary process, the online MBA degree program at UAB can help prepare you to advance your education and career.
ONLINE MBA DEGREE PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS
- Complete your MBA degree 100% online in as little as 1 year (most complete the program in 2)
- Choose from concentrations in Finance, Marketing, Management Information Systems and Health Services. Or you can opt for the General Track
- Qualify for GMAT waiver with relevant academic and professional experience
- Build skills in foundational business principles and areas such as web analytics, real estate decision analysis, operations and supply chain management, and organizational management
- Grow your personal and professional network with a diverse and accomplished group of faculty and peers
- The Collat School of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- Ranked among Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News & World Report – 2021
WHY CHOOSE AN ONLINE MBA DEGREE PROGRAM?
GET AN EDUCATION THAT WORKS FOR YOU
The world is changing, and business reflects that change. Technology and global economics have placed an emphasis on adaptable, well-rounded leadership that is solution-focused and results-driven. Our online MBA can help elevate your potential by enhancing your depth of knowledge of business strategy and critical thinking skills. Our curriculum aligns to the expectations of a traditional MBA while incorporating the distinctly modern aspects of various industries and career fields.
At UAB, you can specialize your career with multiple degree concentrations, including:
- Health Services
- Management Information Systems
WHO SHOULD PURSUE A MASTER’S IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION?
For those with a bachelor’s degree who are interested in furthering their careers in the business world, our online MBA program can be the next logical step toward personal and career fulfillment. An MBA provides an educational foundation that supports your real-world professional experience.
Employers are constantly seeking individuals with both the knowledge and experience to become agents of change and drive solid business decisions based on strategy and implementation.
WHY CHOOSE UAB’S COLLAT SCHOOL OF BUSINESS?
The UAB Collat School of Business is accredited at the baccalaureate and master’s level by AACSB International, representing the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide.
GRADUATE WITH PRIDE IN YOURSELF AND YOUR SCHOOL.
- U.S. News & World Report ranks UAB’s online MBA program in the top 21% among the nation’s best in its 2021 edition of “Best Online Programs.”
- Our extensive alumni network means that wherever your career takes you, you will never be too far from a fellow alumnus or faculty member who can offer support and guidance.
The Princeton Review named UAB among the “Top 10 Universities in the United States for Diversity” for four consecutive years.
UAB’s Collat School of Business is AACSB-accredited.
INDUSTRY OUTLOOK AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES FOR AN ONLINE MBA DEGREE
Average Annual Salary $173,990*
The chief marketing officer is responsible for creating and ensuring the execution of a company’s marketing and sales groups’ vision.
(* All salaries are based on 2021 reports from Payscale.com.)
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects job growth for business management professionals of 5% between 2019 and 2029, with a median wage of $105,660 in 2019. This represents steady career growth throughout various industry sectors, including marketing/PR, engineering, health care, education, and construction.
An online MBA degree program also provides flexibility for busy working professionals so you can balance school with work and other important life commitments. Depending on experience and industry, you may find leadership opportunities that span across various departments and positions up into the C-suite, which gives you a high ceiling for salary and responsibility.
Online Master of
Business Administration curriculum
Our curriculum is based on a combination of foundational business principles and practices, as well as modern technological and management strategies. This is underscored by the fact that U.S. News & World Report ranks the online MBA program at UAB within the top 21% in the nation in its 2021 edition of “Best Online Programs.”
The program is a total of 36 credit hours without a concentration. However, you may choose to specialize your degree by adding a concentration. A degree with a concentration spans 39 credit hours and can be completed in one to two years.
- Management Information Systems
- Health Services
- General Track
Tools and Perspectives on Business Courses — 12 credit hours
- MBA 601 – Accounting and Finance for Managers
- MBA 631 – Management and Organizations
- MBA 642 – Economics for Managers
- MBA 662 – Quantitative Analysis for Business Managers
Functional Core — 15 credit hours (3 will be scheduled within Capstone semester)
- MBA 608 – Strategic Cost Analysis and Decision Making
- MBA 619 – Information Technology and Business Strategy
- MBA 621 – Topics in Corporate Finance
- MBA 637 – Operations and Supply Chain Management
- MBA 651 – Marketing Strategies
Capstone — 3 Credit Hours
- MBA 634 – Strategic Management
Electives – 6-9 credit hours
- Students who select the general MBA option will take two elective courses (6 credit hours)
- Students who select a specific concentration will take the three elective courses (9 credit hours) required for their track
THE HELP YOU NEED TO GET THE CAREER YOU WANT
We provide many tools to help guide you down the path toward a successful career, starting with Career & Professional Development Services. This service provides resume, interviewing, and job search tips to aid you, as well as networking and professional development opportunities.
Handshake is the official career service management tool for UAB Collat business students. Discover and save top jobs and internships from Fortune 500, top financial institutions, tech companies and more!
ONLINE MBA DEGREE FAQS
Yes, UAB’s online Master of Business Administration is asynchronous. This means there is no specific time when you need to be online. You can complete your weekly assignments on your schedule from the comfort of your home or workplace. Your courses are available 24 hours a day, and there are no site visits or campus classes to attend.