Choose our online MBA program and round out your expertise with not only financial and economic knowledge but also with skills in emotional intelligence, behavioral management, and promoting organizational excellence. Gain the strategic flexibility to adapt to a younger, more demanding workforce. Shape your degree to excel in areas like health services, technology, and marketing.
ONLINE MBA DEGREE PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS
- Complete your MBA degree 100% online, in as few as 2 years
- Choose from concentrations in Finance, Marketing, Management Information Systems and Health Services. Or you can opt for the General Track
- GMAT waiver available for applicants with relevant academic and professional experience
- Build skills in foundational business principles and areas such as web analytics, real estate decision analysis, operations and supply chain management, and organizational management
- Grow your personal and professional network with a diverse and accomplished group of faculty and peers
WHY CHOOSE AN ONLINE MBA DEGREE PROGRAM?
GET AN EDUCATION THAT WORKS FOR YOU
Pursuing a successful career in business isn’t just about learning the ins and outs of industry — it’s about learning how to become a leader. As company structures change and technology ushers in a more mobile workforce, you want to be able to position yourself as someone who can handle the organizational and behavioral challenges that come.
By earning your Master of Business Administration online with UAB, you have a choice of four concentrations that reflect growing sectors of our economy — finance, marketing, health services and management information systems. You can also opt for the general track. We’ll help you focus on all aspects of business, from insights and analytics to management techniques and leadership styles. Specialize your education while you continue to work and implement classroom concepts into your career instantly.
WHO SHOULD PURSUE A MASTER’S IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION?
No matter your level of experience, your passion for business leadership is what counts with us. Our program is designed with a focus on modern business. Whether you’re just starting your career or a seasoned professional, you can use our online Master of Business Administration to enhance your skill set, specialize your career path, and round out your resume. And the best part is, you can do it in a flexible and work-friendly format.
WHY CHOOSE UAB’S COLLAT SCHOOL OF BUSINESS?
GRADUATE WITH PRIDE IN YOURSELF AND YOUR SCHOOL.
The common view is that you represent us. We view it the other way around. We know graduating from the Collat School of Business is a significant step on your academic journey, which is why we hold only the highest standards for our faculty, curriculum, and learning environment — even if you never set foot on campus.
The Princeton Review named UAB among the “Top 10 Universities in the United States for Diversity” for four consecutive years.
UAB’s Collat School of Business is AACSB-accredited.
INDUSTRY OUTLOOK AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES FOR AN ONLINE MBA DEGREE
Average Annual Salary $164,601*
The chief marketing officer is responsible for creating and ensuring the execution of a company’s marketing and sales groups’ vision.
(* All salaries are based on 2016 reports from Payscale.com.)
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a vacancy of as many as 2.5 million management positions from 2014-2024. When you factor in the growth of medical and health service managers (17%) and information systems managers (15%) at much faster than average, and financial and marketing managers (9%) at faster than average, there’s no shortage of opportunities to apply high-level administrative expertise.
The beauty of an online MBA degree program is its versatility. Depending on experience and industry, you can pursue all kinds of leadership positions all the way up to the C-suite, which gives you a high ceiling for salary and responsibility.
Online Master of
Business Administration curriculum
Our curriculum is based on a mixture of foundational business principles and practices, and modern technological and management strategies. The program is a total of 36 credit hours without a concentration or 39 credit hours with a concentration, and can be completed in as few as 2 years (6 semesters).
- Management Information Systems
- Health Services
- General Track
Tools and Perspectives on Business Courses — 12 credit hours
- MBA 601 – Accounting and Finance for Managers
- MBA 631 – Management and Organizations
- MBA 642 – Economics for Managers
- MBA 662 – Quantitative Analysis for Business Managers
Functional Core — 15 credit hours (3 will be scheduled within Capstone semester)
- MBA 608 – Strategic Cost Analysis and Decision Making
- MBA 619 – Information Technology and Business Strategy
- MBA 621 – Topics in Corporate Finance
- MBA 637 – Operations and Supply Chain Management
- MBA 651 – Marketing Strategies
Capstone — 3 Credit Hours
- MBA 634 – Strategic Management
Electives – 6-9 credit hours
- Students who select the general MBA option will take two elective courses (6 credit hours)
- Students who select a specific concentration will take the three elective courses (9 credit hours) required for their track
THE HELP YOU NEED TO GET THE CAREER YOU WANT
We provide many tools to help jump-start your successful career, starting with Career & Professional Development Services. This service provides resume, interviewing, and job search tips to aid you on your path to employment, as well as networking and professional experience opportunities.
Handshake is the official career service management tool for UAB Collat business students. Discover and save top jobs and internships from Fortune 500, top financial institutions, tech companies and more!
ONLINE MBA DEGREE FAQS
Yes, UAB’s online Master of Business Administration is asynchronous. This means there is no specific time when you need to be online. You can complete your weekly assignments on your schedule from the comfort of your home or workplace. Your courses are available 24 hours a day, and there are no site visits or campus classes to attend.