Online Degrees for Tomorrow’s Business Leaders
The University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) is proud to have expanded our selection of online bachelor’s and master’s degree programs offered through the Collat School of Business. These online business degree programs are an extension of our dynamic traditional campus, which has thrived over the years due to bold and innovative thinking. UAB allows you to be a part of this exciting university experience no matter where you are in the world.
Recognized for Educational Excellence
UAB has garnered national and international respect for our rigorous academic standards and consistent history of growth and accomplishment. Some of our accolades are as follows:
- U.S. News & World Report ranks UAB as having one of the “Best Online Bachelor’s Programs” and the Collat School of Business as one of the “Best Online Graduate Business Programs” in its 2015 “Best Online Programs” rankings.
- The Princeton Review selects the Collat School of Business as one of the nation’s best in its 2014 edition of “Best 295 Business Schools”.
- The Princeton Review also named UAB among the “Top 10 Universities in the United States for Diversity” for four consecutive years.
UAB Collat School of Business
The Collat School of Business at the University of Alabama at Birmingham is a renowned business school focused on leadership, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We create and share business knowledge that transforms the lives of our students through relevant and robust curriculum, technology-driven instructional methods, and a climate that fosters continuous improvement.
Seven Online Business Degrees to Choose From
UAB’s Collat School of Business is committed to your intellectual growth and professional development. When you choose to study online with us, you can depend on quality teaching from experienced faculty who support a collegial environment of academic freedom across every online degree program we offer.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Accounting This program from UAB is the highest ranked online accounting program in the Southeast and seventh in the nation overall, as selected by the Open Education Database. Students benefit from a streamlined curriculum and a high-quality, practice-oriented educational experience that provides a solid foundation in conceptual accounting and business knowledge. Our online degree emphasizes advanced skills in accounting with a global perspective, offering a solid foundation in tax accounting, financial accounting, auditing, cost/managerial accounting, governmental accounting, forensic accounting, and more.The UAB online Bachelor of Science in Accounting program will also prepare you for the following exams:
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Online Master of Accounting The online Master of Accounting at UAB is designed for experienced professionals with a strong knowledge base in accounting and business. Not only will you further your understanding of your core competencies, you will also have the opportunity to advance your skills in the areas of:
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Accounting Technologies
- Applied Research
Students without an accounting background can approach the Master of Accounting online as a bridge program. UAB can help you gain formal accounting knowledge without requiring you to commit to an additional bachelor’s degree.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Finance The curriculum of UAB’s online Bachelor of Science in Finance program will help you prepare for a future in financial services. Career choices include analyst, advisor, broker, assessor, or treasurer, along with other specialized roles.Our online finance degree program covers a full spectrum of topics, such as:
- Financial Analysis
- Portfolio Management
- Property Appraisal and Assessment
- Cost Accounting
- Other core and elective studies.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Information Systems The online BS in Information Systems from UAB offers a curriculum that has been developed by IS faculty with real-world experience, working in partnership with business leaders who know exactly which skills are in demand.The program is designed to provide you with a unique mix of comprehensive knowledge of:
- The arts and sciences
- All areas of business
- Today’s most important technology concepts
The information systems profession holds more promise than ever. Our goal is to give you the educational opportunity to thrive in a data-driven world that needs your skills.
- Online Master of Science in Management Information Systems Earning your master’s degree in MIS online from UAB will help you gain a heightened business sense, strategic management skills, and a refined understanding of emerging technologies. You will have the opportunity to focus your studies in one of three advanced concentrations:
- IT Management
- Information Security
- Web and Mobile Development
This program has been designed for experienced professionals with a knowledge base in information systems. Successful completion of this program can better position you as a tech-savvy business leader who can manage the strategic alignment of information systems with organizational goals.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Management UAB offers two distinct tracks for your online management degree. You can choose to concentrate in General Management or in Human Resources Management, both of which are highly desirable fields in today’s business world. UAB’s online program will introduce you to the theory and practice of management, including:
- Organizational Dynamics
- Global Business
- Employment Law
- Quality Improvement
- Leadership Strategies
Upon completion of the program, you will be well prepared for an upward career path through the management ranks.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Marketing Today’s marketing profession is an exciting and fast-changing discipline that helps to drive growth in for-profit and nonprofit businesses alike. The Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing from UAB will expose you to sales techniques, marketing communications, multinational business practices, e-commerce, entrepreneurship, and more.This program is an excellent educational opportunity for anyone interested in careers that center on:
- Sales or Marketing Management
- Public relations
What Makes UAB Right for You
The University of Alabama at Birmingham continues to experience record overall enrollment because of our reputation as a world-class institution recognized for excellence in research, service, and innovation. Students choose our business degrees for many reasons, including:
- 100% online business degree programs
- Award-winning, student-oriented faculty members
- Strong student support system
- 24/7 technical help desk
- Collaborative networking opportunities
- Innovative mobile technology
- Electronic access to The Sterne Library
When you complete your degree from UAB’s Collat School of Business Online, you will become one of over 115,000 UAB graduates living around the globe. We invite you to join our academic family today.