Earn your MS MIS in fewer than 2 years
Technology is the backbone of modern business. Today’s companies rely on IT leaders to manage the strategic alignment of information systems with organizational goals, plus serve as problem-solvers for other tech-challenged professionals. That’s why information technology professionals choose the University of Alabama at Birmingham’s Master of Science in Management Information Systems online program. The curriculum for this program is uniquely designed for professionals who want to earn their master’s degree in fewer than 2 years.
UAB’s MS MIS online program is intentionally offered through the School of Business, since the importance of developing enterprise knowledge is critical to the 21st century information systems leader. The School of Business is recognized by The Princeton Review in its 2013 edition of “Best 296 Business Schools” as one of the best in the nation. The School of Business is also accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
Why choose UAB’s master’s degree in Management Information Systems?
With this degree, you can develop a heightened business sense, build strategic management skills, refine your understanding of emerging technologies, and pursue pivotal career advancement opportunities. Earning your MS in Management Information Systems online is a strategic way to broaden your skills and position your expertise for IT leadership in 21st century business.
- Custom Curriculum: Each course is designed with input from a dedicated IS Advisory Council of IT professionals to ensure students learn what is actually needed in the real world. Created solely for this program, these are not simply advanced versions of undergrad courses in technology and business.
- Cutting-Edge Concentrations: Beyond the core curriculum, you have the opportunity to focus your expertise in one of three concentrations: IT Management, Information Security, or Web and Mobile Development.
International Recognition: AACSB accreditation is a true mark of distinction for the world’s top business schools. Not only did UAB earn this honor in a record-breaking two years, but has held this distinction for nearly 30 years. A master’s degree from UAB stands out on your resume.
- Interdisciplinary Faculty: Our faculty members come from varied disciplines (health, finance, etc.) and bring a broad perspective for how to apply IT in today’s business landscape.
- Professional Networking: Collaboration with experienced IT professionals from diverse backgrounds can enrich your master’s experience and continue after graduation.
- Flexible, 100% Online Learning: Courses are 100% online, and you complete one course at a time.
UAB’s MS MIS Graduate Program Offers 3 Concentrations:
- MS MIS + IT Management: Created to provide executive-level leadership training for aspiring chief information officers, this track focuses on technology planning, capital budgeting, and the application of information technology with management of teams.
- MS MIS + Information Security: Designed for aspiring chief security officers, this program teaches students how to create security policies, assess regulatory concerns, deal with data loss prevention, and manage people throughout the organization. UAB is designated as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Research by the National Security Agency (NSA) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
- MS MIS + Web & Mobile Development: Developed for individuals pursuing management positions that interface with non-technical departments such as public relations and marketing. This concentration will provide an overview of emerging technologies and how to make a business case for the best platform, taking the user experience and business goals into consideration.
Master of Science in Management Information Systems (MS MIS)
- Structured with advanced concentrations: IT Management, Information Security, or Web and Mobile Development
- Designed for experienced professionals with a knowledge base in information systems
- Developed to produce a heightened business sense, strategic management skills, and a refined understanding of emerging technologies
An Enterprise IT Focused Curriculum
No matter which concentration you choose to pursue, as a student in the UAB MS in Management Information Systems online program, you’ll learn to view information systems from an enterprise perspective. You’ll learn how to strategically align technology, people, and processes with core business objectives.