Join the Next Generation of Business Leaders
The University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) continues to experience record overall enrollment because of our reputation as a world-class institution recognized for excellence in research, service, and innovation. We are proud to have expanded our selection of online degree programs to include a robust Bachelor of Science in Management curriculum.
UAB Collat School of Business – Online
The online Bachelor of Science in Management is offered through the Collat School of Business – Online at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. We share relevant and actionable knowledge via innovative curriculum, technology-driven instructional methods, and a climate that fosters continuous improvement. All of our online business degrees will expose you to the study of:
- Accounting Principles
- Basic Marketing
- Business Communications
- Business Foundations
- Economic Fundamentals
- Financial Management
- Information Systems
- Legal Issues
- Management Processes
- Quantitative Analysis
Online Bachelor of Science in Management
The UAB online Management degree will help prepare you for a management career in virtually any business vertical or industry sector. Coursework will cover relevant management theories and give you the chance to apply that knowledge in a real and practical manner.
Our 100% online courses continually evolve to meet the ever-changing needs of today’s business world. You will have the opportunity to focus your studies in one of these online degree concentrations:
General Management Concentration
The General Management concentration offers broad-based study that will help you gain the technical, financial, communication, and personnel management skills necessary for success. You can select from a wide variety of courses depending on your personal interests and professional goals. Some of these courses include:
- Advanced Financial Management
- Business and Society
- International Business Dynamics
- Management Planning and Control
- Operations Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Project Management
- Quality Management
- Supply Chain Management
Human Resources Management Concentration
The Human Resources Management concentration offers you an overarching look at the many complexities in the people management responsibilities of the HR team in any organization. Human Resources is an outstanding career choice if you are interested in human behavior and development, organizational dynamics, and employee engagement for business productivity and success. Some of the courses available for your study include:
- Behavioral Management
- Compensation Administration
- Employee Selection and Development
- Employment Law
- Human Resource Management
- International Business Dynamics
- Labor Management ReIations
- Organizational Behavior
The same faculty that teach the on-campus Bachelor of Science in Management program also teach the classes for the online Management degree program. Our faculty is dedicated to supporting your career goals. You’ll have many opportunities to interact and collaborate with your cohorts and professors online, as well as to become involved in various student organizations as a virtual participant.
Career Outlook for Management Graduates
Earning your Management degree online can prepare you for a leadership role in technology, retail, education, hospitality, government, healthcare, and other sectors across the entire spectrum of modern business.
According to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), over 5.5 million individuals are employed in a management capacity. Most occupations in this discipline require the minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Management to be considered for employment. The overall growth rate for the profession indicates an expected 2.5+ million job openings for managers due to growth and replacement needs over the next ten years.
The 2012 median salary range for all managerial roles was $47,960 – $101,650, depending on experience, education, and job title. Employers hire management graduates for a variety of roles including:
- Administrative Services Managers
- Agricultural Managers
- Engineering/Construction Managers
- Compensation and Benefits Managers
- Employee Relations Managers
- Food Service Managers
- Hotel/Resort Managers
- Human Resources Managers
- Industrial Production Managers
- Medical and Health Services Managers
- Operations Managers
- Risk Managers
- Talent Acquisition Managers
- Training and Development Managers
At UAB, you can gain the knowledge that can change your world.
Reasons to Choose UAB for Your Online Bachelor of Science in Management
Your degree carries weight when it is from a recognized institution. We have garnered national and international respect for our rigorous academic standards and consistent history of growth and accomplishment. Some of our accolades are as follows:
- U.S. News & World Report ranks UAB as having one of the “Best Online Bachelor’s Programs” and the Collat School of Business as one of the “Best Online Graduate Business Programs” in its 2015 rankings of “Best Online Programs”.
- The Princeton Review selects the Collat School of Business as one of the nation’s best in its 2014 edition of “Best 295 Business Schools”.
- The Princeton Review also named UAB among the “Top 10 Universities in the United States for Diversity” for four consecutive years.
The UAB online Bachelor of Science in Management allows you to be a part of this exciting university experience no matter where you are in the world. All of our online programs are an extension of our dynamic traditional campus, which has thrived over the years due to bold and innovative thinking. Students choose us for many reasons, including:
- 100% online B.S. degree programs
- Award-winning, student-oriented faculty members
- Strong student support system
- 24/7 technical help desk
- Collaborative networking opportunities
- Innovative mobile technology
- Electronic access to The Sterne Library
When you complete your Bachelor of Science degree online from UAB, you will join over 115,000 UAB graduates living around the globe. We invite you to join our academic family today.