Earn Your Master’s Degree in Accounting Online.
Broaden your professional accounting skills through graduate study Accounting goes far beyond taxes. It is vital to the long-term success of business. Accountants are relied on across the world to communicate relevant financial accounting information and provide reliable financial reports. To meet the growing demand for highly skilled accountants, the University of Alabama at Birmingham’s School of Business Online Master of Accounting Program offers a streamlined curriculum and a high-quality, practice-oriented educational experience.
- Designed for professionals with a knowledge base in accounting and business.
- Grounded in advanced accounting concepts including business law, governmental and not-for-profit accounting, forensic accounting, advanced auditing and attestation, corporate governance and fraud.
- Focused on broadening communication, interpersonal, technological and applied research skills.
- Offers a bridge program for students from non-accounting backgrounds who want more formal accounting knowledge without committing to an additional bachelor’s degree.
What Makes UAB Right for You
- National Recognition: Accreditation by AACSB International is the highest honor an accounting program can receive, and UAB has held this distinction for almost 30 years.
- Faculty Experience: Our award-winning faculty remain very involved in the professional accounting community and bring a wealth of current accounting expertise into the classroom.
- Professional Network: From the annual Meet the Employers event to interaction with representatives from public accounting and industry, there are many opportunities to make connections with experts in the accounting field.
- Personalized Education: We have student-oriented faculty. The same faculty that teach the on-campus face-to-face classes also teach the online classes and are dedicated to supporting students in achieving their career goals.
- Obtain Professional Certification: Our Master of Accounting program prepares you to successfully pass the Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), and Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) exams.