Broaden Your Professional Accounting Skills Through Graduate Study
Accounting goes far beyond taxes. It is vital to the long-term success of business. Accountants are relied on across the world to communicate relevant financial accounting information and provide reliable financial reports.
To meet the growing demand for highly skilled accountants, the University of Alabama at Birmingham’s Collat School of Business – Online Master of Accounting Program offers a streamlined curriculum and a high-quality, practice-oriented educational experience.
UAB Collat School of Business – Online
The Master of Accounting program is offered through the Collat School of Business – Online at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. Ours is an innovative technology-driven program with an instructional approach that provides students with advanced knowledge and skills that can be put to immediate use. We believe in continuous growth and improvement through learning that is relevant, topical and timely.
That’s why all of our online business degrees will expose you to the study of:
- Accounting Principles
- Basic Marketing
- Business Communications
- Business Foundations
- Economic Fundamentals
- Financial Management
- Information Systems
- Legal Issues
- Management Processes
- Quantitative Analysis
Online Master of Accounting
This program is designed for professionals with a knowledge base in accounting and business. As such, UAB has developed our Master of Accounting [MS1] to deliver a comprehensive program that meets your goals by:
- Being grounded in advanced accounting concepts including business law, governmental and not-for-profit accounting, forensic accounting, advanced auditing and attestation, corporate governance and fraud.
- Focusing on broadening communication, interpersonal, technological and applied research skills.
- Offering a bridge program for students from non-accounting backgrounds who want more formal accounting knowledge without committing to an additional bachelor’s degree.
Relevant, Real-World Curriculum
At the University of Alabama at Birmingham, you will be able to select from a catalog of 100% online courses that continually evolve to meet the ever-changing needs of today’s employers. Your coursework may include these subjects, among others:
- Advanced Information Technology Auditing
- Business Law for Accountants
- Governmental and Not-for-Profit Accounting
- Forensic Accounting and IT Auditing
- Fraud Examination
- Advanced Financial Accounting
- Current Issues in Financial Accounting
- Advanced Auditing and Attestation
- Corporate Governance
- Tax Entities
Accredited, Student-Centered Education
- Accredited and Nationally Recognized
UAB is accredited by AACSB International, the highest honor an accounting program can receive. We are proud to have been an educational leader in accounting program for 30 years.
- Award-Winning Faculty
Our faculty are active members of the professional accounting community with decades of proven experience and up-to-knowledge of the latest trends in accounting and education.
- Professional Networking Opportunities
UAB ensure that all of our master’s degree students have an opportunity to network and connect with employers and experts working in the public accounting and corporate sector.
- Personalized Educational Experience
At UAB, you will experience a truly student-oriented educational environment. You will collaborate closely with our faculty, who teach both our on-campus and online programs, to receive the individualized support you need to reach your goals.
Preparation for Professional Certification
The online Master of Accounting program from the University of Alabama at Birmingham can give you the knowledge and confidence to earn your certifications. By the end of your study, you will be prepared to sit for your Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) exams.
Career Outlook for Accounting Graduates
Gaining a master’s level education as an accountant can position you for managerial-level career in any of the financial fields. Ambitious professionals may find opportunities to move straight up the ladder to controller, treasurer, financial vice president, chief financial officer, or corporate executive roles.
According to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), over 1.27 million individuals are employed in the accounting field. The overall growth rate for the profession is about average at 13 percent through the year 2022.
Median salaries in 2012 were estimated at $63,550 per year, depending on experience, education, and job title. Employers hire individuals with advanced accounting skills for a variety of roles including:
- Managerial Accountant
- Forensic Accountant
- Internal Auditor
- Financial Manager
- Tax Accountant
- Government Accountant
- Fraud Examiner
Your newfound accounting knowledge and skills can position you for suitable careers in banking, insurance, audit, tax or investing. Whether you are interested in non-profit organizations, government agencies or large, publicly traded multinational corporations, the online Master of Accounting from UAB can be a wise investment in your future.
Reasons to Choose UAB for Your Online Master’s Degree of Accounting
The University of Alabama at Birmingham is nationally and internationally recognized for the quality of our program. The academic community respects our rigorous standards, accomplished faculty and history of growth and achievement. Some of our accolades include:
- U.S. News & World Report ranks UAB as having one of the “Best Online Bachelor’s Programs” and the Collat School of Business as one of the “Best Online Graduate Business Programs” in its 2015 “Best Online Programs” rankings.
- The Princeton Review selects the Collat School of Business as one of the nation’s best in its 2014 edition of “Best 295 Business Schools”.
- The Princeton Review also named UAB among the “Top 10 Universities in the United States for Diversity” for four consecutive years.
UAB’s Collat School of Business online accounting degrees are available to students from around the globe. Our programs are flexible and convenient extension of our innovative and inspiring campus experience, where bold thinking and critical analysis go hand-in-hand.
Students choose our school for different reasons depending on their needs. You can be sure to trust us for:
- 100% online degree programs with no residency requirements
- Professionally active faculty members with award-winning credentials
- Student-centered support staff, including a 24/7 technical help desk
- Opportunities for team collaboration, professional networking, and new relationships of all kinds
- Convenient mobile apps and online access to university resources such as The Sterne Library
When you complete your Master’s degree of Accounting online from UAB, you will join over 115,000 UAB graduates living around the globe. We invite you to join our academic family today.