Build Your Educational Foundation for a Career in Accounting
Accounting is vital to the long-term success of every business. Communicating relevant financial accounting information and providing reliable financial reports have become an essential component in achieving thriving business endeavors across the globe.
The University of Alabama at Birmingham’s Collat School of Business Online Bachelor of Science in Accounting Program offers a high-quality, practice-oriented educational experience designed for aspiring accountants of all ages.
UAB Collat School of Business – Online
The online Bachelors in Accounting is offered through the Collat School of Business – Online at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. We offer a streamlined curriculum replete with relevant topics and actionable learning experiences. Our students have the opportunity to excel within an innovative technology-driven leaning environment, within a climate that fosters continuous improvement. All of our online business degrees will expose you to the study of:
- Accounting Principles
- Basic Marketing
- Business Communications
- Business Foundations
- Economic Fundamentals
- Financial Management
- Information Systems
- Legal Issues
- Management Processes
- Quantitative Analysis
Online Bachelor of Science in Accounting
Studying with UAB can give you a strong starting point for a career in the accounting field. We have designed our B.S. in Accounting to deliver a comprehensive program that meets your goals by:
- Providing a solid foundation in conceptual accounting and business knowledge, laying the groundwork for beginning a career as a professional accountant.
- Building your knowledge of quantitative and qualitative analyses, financial accounting, economics, auditing, taxation, cost/managerial accounting, information systems, financial management, international accounting and a strong background in business principles including ethics.
- Being applicable to many career paths including public accounting, internal or cost/managerial accounting and governmental accounting.
Relevant, Real-World Curriculum
Our courses are presented in a 100% online format, and are regularly updated to meet the industry’s changing needs and priorities. Your selection of course may include the following subject matter:
- Accounting Information Systems
- Business Foundations
- Cost Accounting
- External Auditing
- Financial Accounting
- Income Taxation
- International Accounting
Accredited, Student-Centered Education
There are many factors that play into our educational leadership, such as:
- UAB has been accredited and nationally recognized by AACSB International for almost 30 years. This is the highest honor an accounting program can receive and we are proud to have you share in our success.
- Our award-winning faculty remains very involved in the professional accounting community and brings a wealth of current accounting expertise into the classroom.
- We are a student-oriented university. The same faculty that teach the on-campus face-to-face classes also teach the online classes and are dedicated to supporting students in achieving their career goals.
Preparation for Professional Certification
The online Bachelors in Accounting program from the University of Alabama at Birmingham can prepare you to sit for your professional certification exams. Earning your credentials as a Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE,) or working towards required credits for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA), will help to elevate your resume above the rest.
Career Outlook for Accounting Graduates
Gaining a bachelors level education in accounting online can lead to a career in business; finance; insurance; investing; tax or auditing. It also helps to pave the way to a master’s degree and future opportunities in financial management.
According to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), over 1.27 million individuals are employed in the accounting field. Most occupations in this discipline require the minimum of a bachelor of science in accounting to be considered for employment. The overall average growth rate for the profession is about 13 percent through the year 2022.
Median salaries in 2012 were estimated at $63,550 per year, depending on experience, education, and job title. Employers hire accounting majors or a variety of roles including:
- Staff Accountant
- Staff Auditor
- Financial Analyst
- Budget Analyst
- Cost Estimator
- Financial Manager
- Tax Reviewer
Accounting graduates are hired by banks, private companies, non-profit organizations, insurance companies, government agencies, and large corporations. At UAB, you can gain the knowledge that you need to achieve your biggest career goals.
Reasons to Choose UAB for Your Online B.S. in Accounting
If you are seeking a degree that will carry the prestige of a recognized institution, UAB can meet your high standards. We have garnered national and international respect for our rigorous curriculum and consistent history of growth and accomplishment. Some of our accolades are as follows:
- U.S. News & World Report ranks UAB as one of the nation’s “Best National Universities” in its 2014 Annual Guide to America’s Best Colleges.
- The Princeton Review selects the Collat School of Business as one of the nation’s best in its 2014 edition of “Best 295 Business Schools”.
- The Princeton Review also named UAB among the “Top 10 Universities in the United States for Diversity” for four consecutive years.
UAB’s Collat School of Business – Online accounting degrees appeal to students across the globe. No matter where you are in the world, you will benefit from the bold and innovative thinking that our dynamic university is known for. Students choose us for many reasons, including:
- 100% online BS degree programs
- Award-winning, industry-experienced faculty members
- Strong student-centric support system
- 24/7 technical help desk resources
- Collaborative networking opportunities
- Innovative mobile technology for students on the go
- Electronic access to robust archives of The Sterne Library
When you complete your Bachelor’s in Accounting online from UAB, you will join over 115,000 UAB graduates living around the globe. We invite you to join our academic family today.