Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree
in Accounting Online.
Build your educational foundation for a career in accounting.
Accounting is vital to the long-term success of every business. Communicating relevant financial accounting information and providing reliable financial reports have become a vital component in achieving successful business endeavors across the globe.
To meet the demand for skilled accountants, the University of Alabama at Birmingham’s Collat School of Business Online Bachelor of Science in Accounting Program offers a streamlined curriculum and a high-quality, practice-oriented educational experience.
- Provides a solid foundation in conceptual accounting and business knowledge, laying the groundwork for beginning a career as a professional accountant.
- Builds a foundation in quantitative and qualitative analyses, financial accounting, economics, auditing, taxation, cost/managerial accounting, information systems, financial management, international accounting and a strong background in business principles including ethics.
- Applies to many career paths including public accounting, internal or cost/managerial accounting and governmental accounting.
What Makes UAB Right for You
- National Recognition: Accreditation by AACSB International is the highest honor an accounting program can receive, and UAB has held this distinction for almost 30 years.
- Faculty Experience: Our award-winning faculty remain very involved in the professional accounting community and bring a wealth of current accounting expertise into the classroom.
- Professional Network: From the annual Meet the Employers event to interaction with representatives from public accounting and industry, there are many opportunities to make connections with experts in the accounting field.
- Personalized Education: We have student-oriented faculty. The same faculty that teach the on-campus face-to-face classes also teach the online classes and are dedicated to supporting students in achieving their career goals.
- Obtain Professional Certification: Our Bachelor of Science in Accounting program prepares you to successfully pass the Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), and Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) exams.